My technical interest is on the range of image and video processing, machine learning and computer vision. I am currently working with Video object-centric representation, and Neural reasoning.
I secured a PhD from University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign in 2014. I was with Amazon in Seattle on Amazon go and Rekognition from 2014 to 2017. I am currently with the Applied Artificial Intelligence Institute, in Melbourne, Australia as a Senior Research Fellow.
- July 2022: Our new paper “Video Dialog as Conversation about Objects Living in Space-Time” is accepted at ECCV 2022.
- June 2022: A preview of our current work on Transient processes in Videos will be presented at CVPR 2022 Precognition workshop
- May 2022: My grant application on Cerebral Palsy early detection using Videos was successful. We will be hiring postdoc associates for the three-year project, please contact me for further details if interested.
- April 2022: It is now official: I was promoted to Senior Research Fellow as a Permanent staff of Deakin University. Big thanks to all of my colleagues from A2I2 for your supports.
- August 2021: We have finished our Tutorial “Neural Machine Reasoning” at IJCAI 2021. Slides and Videos are now public.
- July 2021: Congratulations to my first two PhD students graduating Romero de Morais and Thao Minh Le
- June 2021: Our new work on Video event modeling are being presented at CVPR 2021, Session 12 on Friday 6:00-8:30
- May 2021: I will be presenting our KDD 2021 Tutorial “From Deep Learning to Deep Reasoning”.
- June 2020 Our work on Conditional Relation Networks for Video QA will be presented at CVPR 2020, Oral session 3.1 (Thursday 900-1100).
- June 2019 I am presenting our paper Learning Regularity in Skeleton Trajectories for Anomaly Detection in Videos at CVPR 2019, Poster session 3.2 (Thursday 15:20-18:00).