Email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
>My technical interest is on the range of image and video processing, machine learning and computer vision. I have been recently particularly working with unsupervised video understanding, and spatio-temporal visual reasoning.
I secured a PhD of Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign in 2014. I was with Amazon in Seattle on Amazon go and Rekognition.
I am currently with the Applied Artificial Intelligence Institute, in Melbourne Australia
3D face processing for animation and biometrics (funded by Intel, Microsoft, Cisco)
Avacholar - Visual Applications Framework in Immersive Virtual Educational Environments
Interactive face segmentation for portrait editing and Helen dataset (with Adobe)
Facial shape representation based on facial level curves from depth images for emotion recognition with Hidden Markov Model.
Cloud-based simultaneous localization and mapping (SLAM) for reconstruction of 3D scenes using RGB-D data (with HP labs)
A Wavelet Approach for Cellular Optical Phase Shift Data Analysis
Fast scalable multi-pole algorithm for efficient fitting of RBF implicit embedding to the noisy scattered 3D point cloud.
Human action recognition classifier using shape features
· 3D modeling motion parameters. Vuong Le, Wei Hong, Kar-Han Tan, John Apostolopoulos – 2016, US Patent 9,286,717
· Adjusting a contour by a shape model. Jonathan W. Brandt, Zhe Lin, Vuong Le, Lubomir D. Bourdev – 2015, US Patent 9,202,138
· Fitting contours to features. Jonathan W. Brandt, Zhe Lin, Lubomir D. Bourdev, Vuong Le – 2015, US Patent 9,158,963
· Methods and Apparatus for Automated Portrait Retouching Using Facial Feature Localization. Jonathan Brandt, Zhe Lin, Vuong Le – 2014, US Patent 8,811,686
· Methods and Apparatus for Automated Facial Feature Localization. Jonathan Brandt, Zhe Lin, Vuong Le – 2014, US Patent 8,824,808
· Vuong Le, Usman Tariq, Pooya Khorrami, Hao Tang, Thomas S. Huang, Face processing and Applications to Distance Learning, World Scientific Publishing Company, 2016. Monograph, ISBN: 9789814733021
· Dennis Lin, Vuong Le, Thomas S. Huang, Human-Computer Interaction (Book chapter), in Visual Analysis of Humans: Looking at People, Springer 2011